One of the coolest things we get to experience at Milestone CrossFit is a genuine family vibe! We have the very best community of people who come to the box day in and day out encouraging one other, pushing each other to be better than they were the day before, and ultimately who have become brothers and sisters in CrossFit! Classmates who can get up early for a 5am or show up in the evening after a long day and still bring a positive, energetic attitude are definitely worth celebrating! Not only does Brian continue to be an awesome motivator each day, his love for his fellow crossfitters does not go unnoticed, nor does his work ethic go unrecognized. From the very beginning of Brian's CrossFit journey there has always been a factor of determination, and the will to be the most fit version of himself! We are excited to recognize Brian Fitch as our October 2016 Athlete of the Month, as he has been working hard to take his fitness to a whole new level!
1. Age: 39
2. How long have you been doing CrossFit? I started going to Crossfit June 2014. Just over 2 years completed now.
3. What is your FAVORITE movement in CrossFit? Favorite Movement would be any type of clean (Power, Hang, Squat, no Squat)
4. What is your LEAST FAVORITE movement? Least favorite movement would be Thrusters. (... and lunges!!! haha)
5. What would your perfect WOD look like? My perfect WOD would be some sort of EMOM with a lot of different movements. Example: 20 min EMOM Min1-10: 10 pullups Odd minutes and ME Cleans #95 lbs on Even Minutes. Next 10 min would be 10 box jump burpees on Odd Minutes and ME Overhead Squats on the Even Minutes. Total number of reps would be the score.
6. What is something you thought you would never be able to do in CrossFit? When I started crossfit, I never thought that I would be able to do half the things I have done. I would have never imagined that I am almost 40 and in better shape than when I was in High School. I would have never thought I would lose and sustain close to a 40 lb weight loss. I didn't know how long I would stick to it, but I don't see the end in sight.
7. What motivates you the most during a workout? Really, its everybody around me! Those that are faster and stronger than I am, it motivates me trying to keep up with them. For those that are just starting and learning the movements, it motivates me to see where I have been, the progress I have made, and the excitement that there is progress still to be made.
8. What is a goal you have set for the next 6 months? I have a goal over the next 6 months to love Thrusters. Never say never.
From the Coaches:
We want you to know that we appreciate getting to be a part of your fitness journey. Day one was rough (LOL), but you have come so far and have accomplished so much over the course of these past 2 years - you should be so proud! Your presence in the 5am class at MC2 and throughout the entire community is infectious and inspiring! Family is what brought you into all this craziness and, to us and those around you, you have become our family! Keep up the great work!